Lectionary Readings for Friday, January 31st, 2020
Book of Aph, Son of Jehovih Chapter XI, Chapter XII
1. The Council of Hored being still in session, God, that is, Eolait, ascended the throne.
And the light of Jehovih fell upon God, so that he was well nigh obscured from sight, and
the voice of Jehovih spake, saying:
2. Hear ye My voice; as by My Presence and of Mine Own Self I made each self, and
gave thereto power of words, so am I in Light manifest by soul words to My etherean
hosts. As to the Lords of earth, ye have provided ashars, and above them asaphs,
and betwixt all My kingdoms allotted messengers, so shall ye also provide for
barbarians, familiar spirits, who shall be subject to the order of the ashars and their Lords.
3. I create alive all men, whether I’hins or barbarians, and your labor shall be not alone
with My chosen, whom it is easy to save, but with those also who know Me not, and
know not My es worlds. For, beside those destroyed by the flood, behold the earth is still
covered over with men, women and children.
4. In the time of Aph ye received volunteers from Osi, in etherea; give them this matter in
5. This was done, and they were divided up into groups, and the corporeans having been
already numbered by the angels of heaven, the ethereans were distributed accordingly.
And these again selected and apportioned familiar spirits to abide with the barbarians.
And these familiar spirits were the fathers and mothers and friends who had recently died,
but still sojourned in the first resurrection. So the officers provided places on earth for
these spirits, and persuaded them to reappear before mortals in order to prove continued
life; but the officers never showed themselves.
6. Jehovih hath said: Provide ye the way, but cause the familiars to do the labor. Neither
shall ye make a familiar of the spirit of a young man or a young woman, lest they become
7. So it came to pass that a new department of heaven and earth was opened and set on
foot during the absence of Neph, and in one year the matter was in prosperity.
8. At the end of one year God returned from the Hautuon Colony, bringing with him five
millions of volunteers, being of the third resurrection. And, it being known in Hored
when he would return, a great concourse of angels gathered together to receive him in
honor, and to welcome the volunteers.
9. So that, when God’s etherean star descended, the Vice-God, Eolait, proclaimed a
recreation of ten days, which was to follow immediately after God should ascend the
throne and regain his presence. And so, whilst the es’enaurs were singing, the star
alighted, and the marshals and hosts of honor proceeded to the places, and received
God, who at once ascended to the throne and saluted Eolait, Son of Jehovih, saying:
10. By Thy Will and Power, O Jehovih, Thy Son rejoiceth in the time of this proceeding.
Eolait said: Welcome, God of heaven and earth. And he saluted with the sign of Jehovih’s
name, and was answered in like manner.
11. Without more ceremony, he took off the triangle of the Gods and placed it on God’s
neck, saying: In Jehovih’s name, receive thou the gift of the ancient Gods.
12. Hardly had this been accomplished when the ship-star alighted in the floor of the
Congress, before the Council, and near the altar of Jehovih; and the five millions
of volunteers alighted, amidst the applause of the many millions assembled.
13. God, being reinstated, said: Let the marshals proclaim ten days of recreation. For we
shall account to our especial loves how we found matters in Hautuon, and of the power of
1. The voice of Jehovih spake through God, saying: Because a new heaven is established,
and because the old hath been raised up, let signs be manifested, whereby men and angels
in after times may know what hath happened. For it shall come to pass in later days that
men and angels may forget the flood and the purging of the earth. Bethink ye, O Gods and
Goddesses, what shall be done?
2. Eolait spoke in behalf of the Council, saying: What shall we do, O Jehovih? And
Jehovih answered, saying: Because I come near the earth in its early days, and farther off
as it groweth older, men will say: Alas, the folly of the ancients! For I gave fear and faith
as an heritage when men were weak in judgment; but, with the growth of wisdom, I take
away fear and the substance of things not proven to the judgment.
3. Jehovih said: In kosmon, men and angels shall ask for proofs. One will say: How is it
possible to relate the words spoken in the olden times? Another will say: How can it be
proven that the old heaven was taken away?
4. Hear, therefore, the words of your Creator; and when one saith: Behold, in those days
few men had the gift of words and speech, answer ye him, saying: Even so was it
in heaven, and because they had not words, they could not be made to understand.
5. And another shall say: The Creator ruleth in large matters, but not in the small; and
another shall say: Because the angels come in kosmon, so could they in the olden time.
And ye shall answer them, saying: Who knoweth the plan for an earthquake, whether it be
small or large before Jehovih? Is He not ever present? and do not certain conditions bring
certain results? And they will answer: Yea.
6. Say ye: Give, then, a name to the Highest Cause beyond all research; and they will say:
By the ancients called Jehovih. And they shall perceive that they have entangled
themselves in a net. For if the condition of ignorance on earth begot ignorance in heaven,
how could the light of heaven come afterward to the earth save from above? Since, then,
the light of heaven came from above, who should invent the wisdom of a flood to come
upon the speech of nations?
7. Give them, therefore, words in heaven and words on earth which are of matters of this
nature, and make the sounds thereof sacred, so that it shall be proven in Jaffeth and Shem,
and Ham, and Guatama, and in the heavens thereunto belonging. The voice of Jehovih
8. God said: Thou art All Wisdom, O Jehovih! Now have I a place for the new volunteers
come from etherea. For this shall be their matter and business with the familiars who
dwell with the barbarians. So, accordingly, were they allotted. And they were enjoined to
sing to mortals the song of the flood; and they thus established its history to endure
forever on earth.
One thought on “Lectionary Readings for Friday, January 31st, 2020”