Book of Aph, Chapters 13 and 14
1. All things prospered in heaven for many years, nor were there great wars on earth, nor
famines, nor epidemics. And the Lords of the earth had sufficient loo’is for all the
Faithists, so as to control I’hin marriages to bring forth sons and daughters who would
rejoice in heaven.
2. And as fast as they died on the earth, these angels were carried to heavenly places
suited to them, where they were handed into the care of asaphs and entered as es’yans. But
the Lords appointed no loo’is over the barbarians; and only commanded the ashars to
watch for their spirits in the hour of death, and, if possible, to bring them to the organic
places of God in Hored. And mostly they were so brought. This continued for many
years; but in course of time the familiar spirits aroused up the barbarians, and they began
to have dreams and see visions, for their familiars talked to them during sleep. And when
this became common, Jehovih said:
3. Behold, the time is come to appoint loo’is to abide with the barbarians. For herein will I
reveal a great secret, which is that My chosen on earth cannot subdue it; for they are a
harmless and defenseless people. Therefore, have I created the barbarian wisely; for he
shall drive away and destroy all evil beasts and serpents; and the forests shall fall down
4. For this purpose the loo’is shall select marriages with the view of raising up great kings
and queens. But since, in the olden time, the kings depended on the prophets of God for
counsel, and thus were advised against killing anything I had created alive, they
quarreled; so in this time of the new heaven ye shall permit the kings and queens to
consult the spirits of the dead with the talents I have given them.
5. This was done also; and the barbarians were attended by familiar spirits, many of
whom took upon themselves any name pleasant to the ear, some of them calling
themselves God or Lord, or after the name of some great king of the olden time. And
these familiars, being stupid, supposed themselves to be such persons.
6. The result of their stupid impressions was to inspire the barbarians to believe they were
attended by Gods or Lords, or by the spirits of kings or queens; and so they held up their
heads and began to think. For as it had been said by the Gods of ancient times: Some are
led by flattery, some by self-conceit, some by duty, some by love of righteousness; but
there are others who can be led to self-improvement by persuading them they are chosen
especially by some God or Lord, or the spirit of a renowned king or queen, to work
7. God said: There was a certain sick man who could not be cured by the physicians; so
there came a foolish woman, seeing visions, and said to the sick man: To-morrow thou
shalt be healed. God hath been trying thee; but thou hast proven thyself in soul, and
thy God will withdraw the spell of thy infirmity; behold, thy God standeth by thee.
8. Now on the following day the sick man put forth his own spirit and rose up and was
well; wherefore, it hath been adjudged even deceit may accomplish what truth could not.
Suffer then the familiars to lead the barbarians on for a season, but be ye watchful at the
proper time to appoint new spirits to be with them.
9. God said: Instruct the Lords that the time is now come to reveal to mortals, especially
to the I’hins, the seven tetracts; for, as the ashars are withdrawn a pace, so shall mortals
advance a pace.
10. Which is to say: These are the inheritances of all men born on the earth: ANASH, which
is persistent stubbornness, by word or thought; ZIMMAH, wicked device; RA, delight in
being bad; BELYYAAL, worthlessness; AVEN, vanity and self-conceit; DIBBAH, slander and
reporting of evils; and SA’TAN, to be a leader, and especially to the delight of the other six
11. These are the members of the Beast of all men and women under the sun; nor is any
one without them in some manner or degree. Go ye, therefore, to the Lords and say to
them: Jehovih hath set the beginning of the resurrection through Aph, His Son, Chief of
the arc of Noe, to lay the tetracts on the shoulders of mortals.
12. The marshals of the Council provided messengers who were at once sent down to the
different divisions of the earth; for the tetracts were some of the words selected in heaven
to be given as everlasting names, whereby, in after ages, the tribes of Faithists might be
discovered; and they were given alike to the Faithists of Guatama, Jaffeth, Shem and
Ham, who were the sons of the arc of Aph preserved on the earth in that day. For these
words were provided in the Hebraic, Vedic and Algonquin languages, to be synonymous,
till the coming of the kosmon era.
1. The voice of Jehovih came to God, saying: Behold, the time draweth near when Aph,
My Son, shall commit the care of Hored and her affairs to another God, for another four
hundred years. This, then, is the commandment of thy Creator, O God: Hored shall
advance to the second resurrection; but the first resurrection shall be established with My
2. And when the Lord hath a sufficient number of souls who are advanced to take the
second resurrection, then shall they be brought to this, My holy place, where they shall be
further prepared for the next resurrection.
3. This was accomplished; and heavenly kingdoms with thrones for the Lords, for the first
resurrection, were established on the earth, and in the divisions of the Lords. So that there
were allotted to these Lords’ kingdoms thirty-three years for a resurrection, because
thirty-three is the division of dan corresponding to one hundred dans to each cycle.
4. Accordingly, every thirty-three years thereafter there was one migration of a group
from the Lord’s first resurrection to that of Hored, which was God’s second resurrection.
Whereby the light of dan fell on two hundred years, four hundred years, five hundred
years, six hundred years and one thousand years, which became the base of prophecy for
each cycle from that time forth for a long period.
5. God said: Close the gates of Hored, and from this time ever after only those of the
second resurrection can enter. And it was so. And Hored was extended over Jaffeth,
Shem and Ham to the second degree; but of Guatama this is the manner of her heaven:
The Lord made two kingdoms, the first and second resurrections, and allotted the first to a
proxy in his own name, but over the second he presided in person, teaching his people by
proxy of God in Hored. For the distance of the sea lay between these heavens; and the
access could not be made in the diminutive light of thirty-three. Nevertheless, the Lord
and his attendants maintained an etherean ship that enabled him to cross the sea at
intervals of eleven years.
6. Accordingly now, in the second resurrection, new colleges were established in heaven,
and the spirits began the study of elements and illustrations in es and uz, and the process
of travel and of carrying corporeal entities. And these spirits were at times, under ashars,
taken down to mortals to assist in miracles and legerdemain. For the lessons in the second
resurrection embraced the mastery of corpor in analysis and synthesis.
7. After the first year of God in Hautuon, he went therefore every eleventh year and
remained one year of the earth’s time; so that in two hundred years he made eighteen
visits. Now on his first visit he brought back with him a certain number of volunteers,
being of those raised by the arc of Noe; and the next visit he brought back twice as many
as the first; and the next time three times as many as the second, and increasing for the
eighteen visits. And on the last visit it was estimated how many he had brought back in
all, and the number was one thousand millions. And they were raised to the second
resurrection, having been under the training of the Gods and Goddesses of Hautuon,
under the direction of Aph, son of Jehovih.
8. And now that the time of dan was drawing near, and Aph should return to provide for
the ascent of Jehovih’s harvest, God looked up with a cheerful heart; for it was evident
that by the expiration of the two hundred years from the submersion of Pan, many of the
spirits delivered from the earth in that day would be prepared to take the second
resurrection. Wherefore God prophesied, saying: Through Thee, O Jehovih, in another
hundred years I shall have delivered them into etherea (Nirvana) as Thy Brides and