Lectionary Readings for Tuesday, May 12th, 2020
Book of Wars Against Jehovih Chapter 15, Chapter 16
1. De’yus replied not to Ahura, God of Vara-pishanaha, but sent the messengers away
without a word. And satan came again to De’yus, saying: Send word to thy Gods to be
firm, for this day hath Ahura and the God of Craoshivi beset them to return to Jehovih’s
2. De’yus feared nevertheless, so he inquired of satan what was the best great thing he
could do. Satan said: O Lord, my God, this is the best thing thou canst do: For all the
Divan laws destroyed, make thou De’yus laws instead. Why shalt thou follow in the
footsteps of the ancients?
3. The Lord God said: Yea, yea! I will not be bound by the laws of the ancients,
but I will have laws of mine own, and they shall be called the LAWS OF THE LORD GOD.
4. Satan (self) said: These, then shall be thy words, O Lord God, which shall be the laws
of De’yus, to wit:
5. I, the Lord God, have made self-preservation the first law.
6. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy soul, thy heart and mind.
7. Him only shalt thou worship now, henceforth and forever.
8. Thou shalt not worship Jehovih; He is void; He is nothing.
9. Nor shalt thou worship any idol of anything, on the earth or in the heavens of the earth.
10. Whoever worshippeth anything save me, the Lord God, shall be put to death.
11. Behold, I am a God of justice and truth; I am a God of anger; vengeance is mine.
12. I have a gate at the hill of Hored; my guardians are cherubims and seraphims, with
13. Whoever raiseth his arm against me shall be destroyed; to do my will is the sixth law.
14. Whosoever putteth the mark of the circumcision on a male child shall be put to death.
15. Neither shall any man do evil for evil’s sake; nor by violence oppress any man,
woman or child.
16. Whoever exalteth me on earth, him will I exalt in heaven.
17. Whoever overthroweth other Gods, save the Lord God, who is the De’yus of heaven
and earth, him will I exalt in heaven.
18. Now it came to pass that these decrees of the false God were established on the
earth. And the names Dyaus became paramount to all other Gods in Vind’yu and
eastern Parsi’e; and the name Te-in, in Jaffeth (China), and the name Lord God,
in Arabin’ya (Egypt). And these peoples had now a new sacred book given to them.
And yet all of these names represented only angel only, Anuhasaj, a one-time mortal.
19. Prior to this the Faithists on earth were taught non-resistance; to ignore leadership; to
return good for evil, and to dwell together as brethren.
20. But now, because of the decrees of Anuhasaj, alias De’yus, Faithists were led astray,
becoming warriors, and aspiring to become kings and rulers.
21. Nevertheless, many of them still called themselves by names signifying Faithists, but
changing their belief from the Great Spirit to a God in shape and figure of a man, with
attributes like a mortal.
22. And mortals in these countries made images of cherubims and seraphims, having
flaming swords; and images of Anubis holding a pair of scales; the same as is made to
this day, and called JUSTICE.
23. In addition to these earthly decrees, Anuhasaj, alias the Lord God, made heavenly
decrees betwixt his own kingdom and the kingdoms of his Gods. The chief decrees were:
That, for the first one hundred years, all angels borne up out of the earth shall fall into
their respective divisions, and shall belong as subjects to my Gods, to be appropriated by
them in their own way.
24. That after the hundredth year, my Gods shall deliver to me one-tenth of their subjects
of the highest grades.
25. De’yus made two hundred laws in reference to the kingdoms of his Gods, as to their
boundaries and ornamentation, providing great pageantry and countless numbers of
heralds, staff-bearers, musicians, and players of oratory (theatricals), besides innumerable
servants and decorators, so that the pageantry might be in great splendor.
26. When he had completed these forms and system of government, he sent an invitation
to his Gods to again feast with him, that they might ratify his laws and receive them.
27. And it thus came to pass that the laws of De’yus were ratified and accepted by the
Gods; and they went away rejoicing, returning to their respective kingdoms, where they
fell to work at once to provide themselves in their glory.
HEREIN IS REVEALED THE MANNER IN WHICH THE GODS
CARRIED OUT WHAT HAD BEEN PREVIOUSLY STATED.
1. Thus was established the CONFEDERACY OF SELFS; that is, the false Lord God, and his
false Gods, were as many kingdoms united into one; yet every god was secretly sworn
unto himself, for his own glory.
2. From the time of the beginning of the revolt until it was completed as a confederacy
was sixty and four days, and the number of inhabitants in these heavens at that time was
eight thousand millions, men, women and children. And they are well-ordered, in
nurseries, and hospitals, and schools, and colleges, and factories, and in building ships,
and in surveying and in road-making, and all such other occupations as belong in the
lower heavens, objective and subjective. Four thousand million of these were presently
sent to Hored, to De’yus.
3. De’yus at once set about the work laid out, and issued a decree commanding the
destruction of all otevans and other vessels plying to the upper plateau, Craoshivi; and
commanding the seizing and destroying of fire-ships or other vessels that might come
from the upper regions down to the lower. De’yus said: My people shall not ascend to
other heavens. I have made the earth and this heaven sufficient unto all happiness and
glory. Whosoever buildeth a vessel, saying: I will ascend; or if he say not, but my judges
discover him, he shall be cast into the hadan region, prepared for im. And if a man or a
woman preach in my heavens, and say: Behold, there is a higher heaven, that person shall
be cast into hell, as my son judgeth.
4. And I, De’yus, command the locking up of all the books in the libraries of my heavens
that in any way teach of Jehovih or Ormazd, or of heavenly kingdoms above mine or
greater. For I, the Lord God, will have but one kingdom, and I will draw all people into it
to abide with me forever.
5. And my Gods, and my marshals, and generals and captains, shall take their hosts and
go around about the regions of Hored, and make a clean roadway, and cut off all
connection with the outer kingdoms. And they shall place in the roadway around my
heavens a standing army, sufficient to guard my kingdom and my Gods’kingdoms
forever. And no man-angel, nor woman-angel shall pass outward beyond my roadway
6. These things were carried out, save as to the libraries. But there were destroyed four
thousand otevans and other ascending ships; and of the places for manufacturing ships
for the outer heavens that were destroyed, more than seven hundred. And there were
thus thrown out of employment seven hundred millions, men and women! And many
of these were compelled to go to Hored, where they were assorted as to grade, and put
to work, beautifying the capital and Council house and palace of the Lord God, the
false. Others were impressed into the standing army, being allotted seasons and years.
7. After the outward extreme of hada was thus secured in every way, De’yus turned to the
interior. He said: Now will I hide away text-books in my heavenly places, as relate to
higher kingdoms and to Jhovih; for from this time forth He is my enemy and I am His.
Upon my own self have I sworn it; the name of Jehovih and Ormazd shall be destroyed
in heaven and earth; and my name, De’yus, even the Lord God, shall stand above all else.
8. For sixty days, the armies of destruction traversed the lowest heavens, high and low,
far and near; and they hid away many of the records, and books, and maps, relating to
the higher atmospherea and to the etherean worlds beyond; and in sixty days the
work of destruction was complete in these heavens, and there was nothing left
within sight to prove or to teach the higher heavens, or of Jehovih, the Ormazd.
9. The Lord God, the false, said: Let my name and my place, even Hored, be replaced
instead of those destroyed, for I will make the name De’yus to rule in one-half of the
world, and the name Lord God to rule in the other half.
10. The inhabitants of heaven and earth shall know where to find me, and shall behold my
person, and witness the strength of my hands. Yea, they shall know my pleasure and my
displeasure, and serve me in fear and trembling.
11. And the books in the schools and colleges of these heavens were thus made to rate
De’yus and the Lord God as the All Highest, Most Sacred, Most Holy.
12. When these things were established thus far, De’yus gave a great feast, and brought
into his companionship all the valorous fighters and destroyers that had proved
themselves great in fulfilling his commandments. In the meantime, the laborers and
officers in charge had extended and beautified the palace and capital of the Lord God in
Hored beyond anything ever seen in these heavens. So that at the time of this feast, the
place was already one of magnificence and glory. And the order, and temper, and
discipline of the officers and servants, more than one million, who had charge of
preparing and conducting the feast, were so great that the assembled Gods and great
generals, and governors, and marshals, and captains, for a long while, did nothing but
ejaculate applause and astonishment.
13. Besides these, De’yus had provided receiving hosts, fifty thousand, and of es’enaurs
and trumpeters half a million, and proclaiming heralds one hundred thousand; and the
latter, when conducting the distinguished visitors into the presence of De’yus, proclaimed
them, amidst the applause of the Holy Council, such honor surpassing anything that any
of them had ever witnessed.
14. The substance of the feast, being above grade twenty, which was above the animal
region, was, consequently, of vegetable and fruit es’pa from the earth, previously brought
by trained shippers and workers, for this especial occasion. But there was no es’pa of flesh
or fish present on the tables; but an abundance of the es’pa of wine, and this was called
15. The walls of the chamber of the feast were ornamented with sprays of colored fire,
and from the floor of the chamber there rose upward innumerable fountains of perfume,
which were also es’pa brought up from the earth, and forced up in the fountains by more
than one million servants, impressed into service from the regions of shippers, which had
been destroyed previously.
16. At the feast, with the Lord God and his Gods, there were in all one thousand two
hundred guests; and the feast lasted one whole day, and the Gods and guests ate and
drank to their hearts’content, and there were not a few who felt the intoxication of the
17. When the feast was ended, De’yus, through his marshals, signified that he would
speak before them; and when quiet was restored, he said: What greater joy hath
any one in a matter than to make others happy! Because ye served me, doing my
commandments, behold, I have served you. My feast hath been your feast; my substance
have I given unto you, that ye may rejoice in the glory I have received from your hands.
18. Yet think not that the Lord, your God, so endeth this proceeding: I will not so end it.
I have commanded you here that I may honor those that deserve honor from me,
your God. My Gods have also great exaltation in the labor ye have done in my
heavens, for my heavens are their heavens, and yours also. Because ye have destroyed
the ascension, the most worthless and foolish of things, and cleared away the
rubbish of my heavens, ye have also prepared a place for endless glory for yourselves.
19. For which reason, and in justice to you, I have appointed this time to promote you
all, according to your great achievements. Nor shall ye fall back on my promotion,
resting in ease; for I have a greater labor for you, as well as greater honor and glory.
20. Behold, I have commanded the earth and her dominions; and ye, my Gods, shall
subjugate her to my name and power. And ye that have proved yourselves most valiant in
heaven shall be their chosen officers to go down to the earth in my name, with millions of
my heavenly soldiers, to plan and fix the way of mortals unto my hand. As ye have cast
out the names Jehovih and Ormazd in heaven, even so shall ye cast them out on the earth.
21. Remember ye, I am a God of anger; I have declared war against all ungodliness on the
earth. Whoever worshippeth the Great Spirit under the name Jehovih, or Ormazd, shall
be put to death, both men and women. Only little children shall ye spare, and of them
shall ye make slaves and eunuchs and whatsoever else that shall profit my kingdoms.
22. Whether they have an idol of stone, or of wood, or of gold, or of copper, they shall be
destroyed. Neither shall it save them to make an idol of the Unseen; for such is even more
offensive in my sight than the others. For will I leave alive one Faithist on the face of the
23. To accomplish which, my Gods shall select ye who are of my feast; according to
their rank shall they choose; and when ye are thus divided and selected, ye shall receive
badges from my hand, and repair with my Gods to the places and service they desire.
24. And when ye are come down to the earth, ye shall possess yourselves of the oracles
and places of worship, driving hence all other angels, and Gods, and Lords, and familiars.
And when mortals come to consult the spirits ye shall answer them in your own way in
order to carry out my commandments.
25. And when ye find prophets and seers, who accomplish by the Unseen, who have with
them spirits belonging to the kingdom of Craoshivi, ye shall drive away such spirits and
obsess the prophet or seer in your own way. But if ye cannot drive hence the Ormazdian
angel, then shall ye go to the depths of hell in hada and bring a thousand spirits of
darkness, who are foul and well skilled in torment, and ye shall cast them upon that
prophet until he is mad. But if it so happen that the prophet or seer be so protected that
spirits of darkness cannot reach him, then shall ye send evil spirits in advance of him to
the place he frequenteth, and they shall inoculate the place with virus that shall poison
him to death.
26. But if a prophet of Jehovih repent and renounce the Great Spirit, and accept De’yus, or
the Lord God, then shall ye drive all evil away from him, and put a guard around about
him, for he shall be my subject in time to come.
27. And whether ye reach a king of the earth by means of the oracles, or through prophets
and seers, or by obsession, it mattereth not; but ye shall come to him by some means,
either when he lieth asleep or is awake, and ye shall inspire him with the doctrines and
the love of the Lord your God. And he shall rise up in great war, and pursue all people
who do not profess De’yus, or the Lord your God; for he shall be as an instrument in your
hands to do my will.
28. When De’yus ceased speaking, the Gods immediately made their selections, and the
generals and captains were thus allotted to new places. And now the attendants carried
away the tables of the feast, and the Gods, each with his captains and generals, faced
toward De’yus, and formed twelve rows; whereupon De’yus conferred badges, as
29. De’yus then departed to the Council chamber, and took his seat on the throne. The
guests, and Gods, and Councilors, entered the south gate, and went and stood in the midst
of the floor of the chamber; whereupon the Lord God saluted them, WARRIORS OF GOD, and
they embraced in the SIGN OF TAURUS, signifying, TO ENFORCE RIGHTEOUSNESS, for the image of
a bull was one of the signs above the throne. (And this was called the EDICT OF THE BULL.)
30. These, then, are the names of the Gods and Goddesses, with their generals and
captains, that were empowered in heaven to go down to the earth to subjugate it unto the
Lord God, the false, that is to say:
31. The Gods were: Anubi; Hikas, now called Te-in; Wotchissij, now called Sudga; Chele-mung, now called Osiris; Baal, Ashtaroth, Foe-be, Hes-loo, He-loo, Orion, Hebe and Valish.
32. Their generals were: Hoin, Oo-da, Jah, Knowteth, June, Pluton-ya, Loo-Chiang, Wahka, Posee-ya-don, Dosh-to, Eurga-roth, Neuf, Apollo-ya, Suts, Karusa, Myion, Hefa-yistie, Petoris, Ban, Ho-jou-ya, Mung-jo, Ura-na, Oke-ya-nos, Egupt, Hi-ram, T’cro-no,
Ares, Yube, Feh-tus, Don, Dan, Ali-jah, Sol, Sa-mern, Thu-wowtch, Hua-ya, Afro-dite,
Han, Weel, Haing-le, Wang-le, Ar-ti-mis, Ga-song-ya, Lowtha, Pu, Tochin-woh-to-gow,
Ben, Aa-ron, Nais-wiche, Gai-ya, Te-sin, Argo, Hadar, Atstsil, E-shong, Daridrat, Udan,
Nadar, Bog-wi, She-ug-ga, Brihat, Zeman, Asrig, Oyeb, Chan-lwang, Sishi, Jegat, At-yena and Dyu.
33. Their captains were: Penbu, Josh, Yam-yam, Holee-tsu, Yoth, Gamba, Said, Drat-ta,
Yupe-set, Wag, Mar, Luth, Mak-ka, Chutz, Hi-rack-to, Vazenno, Hasuck, Truth,
Maidyar, Pathemadyn, Kop, Cpenta-mainyus, Try-sti-ya, Peter, Houab, Vanaiti, Craosha,
Visper, Seam, Plow-ya, Yact-ta-roth, Abua, Zaotha, Kacan-cat, Hovain, Myazd-Loo,
Haur, Abel, Openista, Isaah, Vazista, Potonas, Kiro, Wiska-dore, Urvash, Ashesnoga,
Cavo, Kalamala-hoodon, Lutz-rom, Wab, Daeri, Kus, Tsoo-man-go, and Le-Wiang.
34. Besides these, were one thousand officers of lower rank; and now, when they were
sealed as to rank and place and allotment, they withdrew; and De’yus gave a day of
recreation that the Gods with their officers might make the selections from the multitude,
as for their private soldiers.
35. And in one day’s time the armies were made up, two thousand million angels, and
they departed down to the earth to destroy the Faithists and the names Jehovih and
Ormazd, and establish De’yus, otherwise the Lord God, the false.