Book of Fragapatti Chapter 11, Chapter 12
1. The avalanza was so constructed that the words spoken by Fragapatti and Hoab could
be heard by all who chose, of whom there were two thousand millions on board. And
when Hoab expressed conviction, the same sentiment seized upon the whole assembly;
whereupon, Fragapatti raised his hand, saying: By virtue of Thy power, O Jehovih, will I
illume this hell!
2. And by Fragapatti’s will there was created a sudden light, so brilliant, none present,
save the ethereans, could look upon him. Hoab bowed down, and hid his face, and Hoab’s
hosts were overcome with fear, prostrating themselves on the floors of the avalanza.
3. Fragapatti said to the swift messengers: Go at once to Mouru, greeting, and say that
Fragapatti demandeth, at once, one thousand million etherean volunteers, for signal
centers in Aoasu’s lowest hells, bringing rods of fire and water.
4. The swift messengers departed hastily. Fragapatti then commanded that the avalanza be
anchored for a day; and he and many of his hosts went out into hell, where the spirits
were weeping and wailing, and cursing, or lying in drunkenness and lethargy. Many of
them were naked and foul smelling; and hundreds of thousands of them, having had
diseased corporeal bodies whilst on earth, had now carried with them into hell the
substance of their corruptions, even the rottenness of plagues and consumptions, and of
other diseases it is not even lawful to mention.
5. Fragapatti said: By Thy Power, O Jehovih, shall a wall of fire encompass these people
about. They shall not escape. For were they to return to a nation of mortals, they would
inoculate them unto death. Fire, O Jehovih, fire! Thou All Purifier!
6. And he cast his hands outward and upward, in majesty, and there rose up walls of
fire on the face of the mountains; and the light thereof fell into the valleys of
Ugh’sa, the pit of hell. To the east and west and north and south, Fragapatti turned,
saying: A wall of fire! a wall of fire! And he, himself, shone as a sun, united with the
Eternal All Creator, Whose voice was power to wield the elements to His will.
7. Presently, there were hemmed into one field more than five hundred million
drujas, who, by the sudden transformation, were roused up to desperate wildness,
with bated breath, running hither and thither, first one way and then another.
8. And yet there were other millions of them, so low and stupid and crazed, that the others
ran over them as if they were but a heap of rubbish, death!
9. Then Fragapatti went to Hoab, saying: For pity’s sake, come thou and help me, and
persuade thy hosts also.
10. Hoab said: O friend, and brother, do not mock me! Thou hast undone me entirely. I
am nothing. My hosts are nothing. For pity’s sake, temper thou thine own light. It pierceth
11. Fragapatti said: Shall I not send thee back quickly to Zeredho, with thy hosts? Hoab
said: My wish is nothing; my will is nothing! Thine and the Great All Power’s will be
done. Fragapatti said: If ever thou hadst faith in thy life, I charge thee now quickly to
summon it to thy soul, for Great Jehovih is with me now, and but ask and speak in faith
by the Creator, and it shall be granted unto thee. Speak quickly, whilst yet the power
holdeth upon me: Shall I put on a thousand-fold more light? Say thou: IN FAITH I WILL
ENDURE ALL, FOR THE GLORY OF JEHOVIH! GIVE ME, OR FIRE OR TORMENTS, OR WHATSOEVER THOU
WILT, O JEHOVIH!
12. Hoab trembled, and then strained in every part, and at last suddenly sprang up facing
the light, melting in the flame of fire; and he said: I WILL ENDURE ALL, IN FAITH OF THEE, O
JEHOVIH! GIVE ME, OR FIRE OR TORMENTS, OR WHATSOEVER THOU WILT. HENSEFORTH I WILL DO
FOR THEE, FOREVER!
13. Presently, his spirit took the crystal form, and the victory dawned upon his soul. A
smile, denoting knowledge of All Holiness and Majesty gleamed in his countenance! The
light began to retract and to reflect from his face, brilliant and sun-like. He had conquered
and won! He said: Thanks, O Jehovih!
14. Fragapatti said: Quick, now, seize the goal; go forth practicing thy light for
others, and it will grow, giant-like. And Hoab was strong in faith, almost mad with the
delight of such wondrous change; and he rushed forth, commanding, in the name
of Jehovih, raising up hundreds and thousands, even as he had been raised, crystallizing.
15. All one day and one night they labored, and all the ethereans with them; and they
rescued, and divided, and sub-divided the spirits of darkness into grades and sections.
And many of the spirits belonging to the hosts of Hoab were thus raised to the second
resurrection, with light and power.
16. But of the hundreds of millions of spirits in the torments of hell none were as yet
raised even to the first resurrection. But they were stirred up and routed out of lethargy;
and the supplies for their drunkenness were cut off by the walls of fire, created by
Fragapatti, which went up day and night, without ceasing.
17. And Fragapatti stationed sentinels with power near the walls of fire, commanding
them to cast in the elements of ughs and brimstone, so that the suffocating smell would
prevent the drujas from escaping.
18. On the second day, millions of ethereans, with rods of water and rods of fire, came
from Mouru, in answer to Fragapatti’s commandment. And when they had arrived before
him, and had saluted in the sign of Jehovih’s name, he said unto them: Behold, I have
established one signal center in hell. It will require a thousand more centers before we
have broken them up and delivered them. From the rank of DAS the marshals shall select
from amongst you ten thousand to remain in this center and complete the work I have laid
19. So the marshals selected from the ethereans of the rank of DAS ten thousand. Now
the das are such as have attained to power with the rod with water, and the rod with fire,
but not with the hand, like the ranks above them. They go amongst the denizens of a
signal center with the two rods, casting water with one and fire with the other. And the
hosts of spirits in darkness run for them, like cattle for salt; and the das thus discover and
assort them; for the lowest spirits go for the rods with water, and the highest for the rods
of fire. Because the lowest spirits dread the light; and because the highest desire to be
rescued from the lowest.
20. On the second day, therefore, the das began work; and there were baptized with water
many millions; but with fire only one million. The latter were then taken without and
beyond the walls of fire, and colonized, and clothed, and fed, and guardians placed over
them, preparatory to the nurseries, hospitals, schools, factories, and such other
educationals as belong in the lowest heaven.
21. On the third day the das went through the same labor again, and again many millions
were baptized with water, and but two millions with fire. The latter were also taken
without and beyond the walls of fire, and colonized in the same manner as those of the
22. Such, then, is the labor of the das in hell, baptizing and selecting; and it continueth
until all the people are taken without and beyond the walls. The last taken are, therefore,
the lowest grade, and the first taken are the highest grade. But the last are usually so low
in knowledge and ambition that they move not of themselves, but are bestowed in
nurseries and hospitals, to be cleansed from their foulness, and to be healed of their
1. Fragapatti caused the ship, the avalanza, to be moved to other black mountains, deep
buried in revolting crimes and misery; wherein no one with God-like power had ventured
in for hundreds of years. Again he called down Jehovih’s fire, and raised walls,
impenetrable, high on every side, affrighting and stirring up the self-condemned with
frenzied fear. And they ran, all polluted with foul thoughts, which had clothed them about
with foulness terrible, and oaths and curses and imprecations against all righteousness.
2. And Hoab, too, now a very sun, desperate to do overwhelming good things, even
more a thousand times than in his self-ease of other days he refrained from dark
company lest he be polluted, now rushed in headlong to the very worst and
foulest. Proclaiming Jehovih and active work to stir them up; and by his quick and
unmistakable zeal proving his soul’s connection with the Almighty’s Power.
3. After Fragapatti and Hoab rushed in, hundreds of thousands of ethereans did so also,
laboring for the Father’s kingdom; with flames of fire cutting loose the demons’grips of
torture on the helpless, and hurling them separate. None could escape because of the
walls around, now seething with the choking smell of brimstone; and must needs
fall prostrate, before the crystallizing lights thrust at them, weeping and wailing.
4. All day long, and all night, Fragapatti and Hoab, now a powerful worker, the which
Fragapatti had previously seen would be the case, and the etherean hosts, rested not; but
waded into the hell of death. Turning them to the right or to the left, the miserable,
devouring wretches, brothers and sisters of mortals and spirits, now engulfed in their own
depravity, and by their desperate desire for sin, holding millions of the moderately good
as officers of torture, in order to gratify their horrid love of witnessing horrors. Into
groups and series they roughly selected them, as a starting point for the das that were to
come after, and more carefully divide them.
5. Then Fragapatti called the das and put them to work with their rods of water and rods
of fire, making stations beyond the walls of fire, where the naked, trembling, rescued
sufferers and drujas were housed and fed, restrained by guardians of ample strength and
foresight. For of such nature is the low man and low woman, that love of evil in time
delighteth to feed itself in evil more than in good, and will even turn against benefactors,
and spurn good offerings.
6. Of whom Jehovih saith: As by fire the dross of metal is burned and cast out,
leaving that which is pure; so created I the righteous with light from My countenance, to
burn out the dross which the wicked nestle into their bosoms. Wherein, man shall
perceive that it is the dross that healeth Me and My chosen. Go, then, deliver the
wicked in hell, and make them clean with water and with fire, and ye shall find a star in
every soul. And as many of these as ye deliver, so is your glory in My etherean kingdoms.
7. For each deliverer is as a sun around which these stars congregate, and they magnify
one another forever. And when these stars have grown, they also go and do in like
manner; for it is of such that My exalted ones are in the highest heavens, whom ye call
Gods and Lords, and justly so, because of their supremacy.
8. Thus went Fragapatti through the lowest regions of Aoasu; for forty days and nights
labored he and his hosts, and he broke up the regions of hell, and cast out the souls of the
tortured, thousands of millions of them. Neither was there left any place standing in all
the lower heavens where evil held dominion.
9. And there were established in those regions around about, two hundred thousand
colonies, comprising the evil ones who had been rescued. But the very lowest, who
knew not anything, who were: some, infants who died at the time of birth; some, infants
of drunkards, who came to the lower heavens with the intoxicating liquors or smoke
of their mother’s debauchery; some, very young abortions, slain by their mothers
and fathers; some, chaotic, killed in wars, who were mad and crazed, howling and
screaming and fighting, of whom there were nine hundred millions: these Fragapatti
had brought away from all the others, putting guardians over them for the present.
10. Then he called together the crew of the avalanza, and all the hosts of Hoab, and Hoab
himself; and when they were duly in order, Fragapatti extemporized a throne and sat on it;
and thus he spake, saying:
11. Without Thee, O Jehovih, man is nothing. Nor can he stand upright, nor hold up his
head, nor his soul after he is up, save but by Thee. When he cutteth himself off from
Thee, he falleth like a limb of a tree that is severed.
12. He goeth about boasting: There is no All Person. But his words are as a severing
knife, and he knoweth it not. He setteth up his judgment, saying: Thou wert good for
fools, O Jehovih; but as for me, Thou art a foolish encumbrance!
13. Yea, he saith: Who hath seen Jehovih! And he laugheth because of his cleverness. He
saith: What stood Jehovih upon when He created the worlds? How long slept He before
He created? He saith: What a foolish Creator! He created sin and death! He saith: Who
knoweth the size of His head; the length of His arm; the place He liveth; or who hath
heard His voice!
14. He saith: Verily, there is no All Person; no All Highest; no Light. This is the second
downward stage, and in the third, he saith: A curse upon Faith! A curse upon all things!
A curse upon myself! And then cometh hell and her horrors to swallow him up.
15. But thou art near, O Jehovih! Thy hosts traverse the universe. In Thy name they come,
and Thy power and glory are with them. In their majesty they encounter all evil; they cast
out hell and its prisoners.
16. Then Fragapatti turned to Hoab, saying: Speak, O Hoab. Nine hundred millions of
dead, that are still sleeping in death, lie at our feet. These regions are unsuited for their
treatment; whither shall we take them? Or shall we, because they are so dead, leave them
to shift for themselves.
17. Then rose Hoab, saluting, and tears were in his eyes. He said: Mighty art Thou, O
Jehovih! Lo, I was on the verge of an everlasting fall! I was on a steep precipice, but saw
not. With blinded eyes I walked about. I lost Thy countenance. My family became
strangers to Thee, and we were following close after, to become strangers to one another!
18. Yea, I was ungrateful before Thee. I forgot that Thou createdst me. I forgot that all the
joys I had ever had were bestowed by Thee; and that by Thee I had been made capable to
appreciate mine own enjoyment. And then I raised up my voice against Thee, and turned
Thee out of the world.
19. Yea, I chose a corner and appropriated it for my own ease and glory. I said: To keep
other Gods and angels away from my lands, this is all I desire. But Thou wert mindful of
me, O Jehovih! Thy voice sounded in the heavens above, and Thy Son came down in Thy
glory. He beheld my vanity and my weakness, but he rebuked me not. Yea, I told him I
loved not to go to those beneath me and raise them up. I said: Let them shift for
20. Now am I rebuked in mine own words! Now have I cast myself out of hell. Behold, I
said: Zeredho shall be a place for me and my people forever! None shall come hither to
make us afraid or to annoy us. And Thy Son said to me: I can teach thee and thy people
that ye shall never more fear to be annoyed by the low or by the evil-minded; nor shall ye
fear for Gods or angels to come and inhabit Zeredho!
21. Thus spake Thy Son, O Jehovih! And he hath given us the secret. We no longer fear
that others will encroach upon Zeredho. Behold, Zeredho is Thy place, O Jehovih. These
unfortunates, these drujas, are Thy children. They shall go to Zeredho. I fear not pollution
now, nor do my hosts. We will wade into this filth, like scavengers into a filthy street, and
we will make these children like shining stars in Thy firmament!
22. Yea, O Jehovih, nothing more can make us afraid! We have nothing; we have nothing
to lose. We are Thy servants, now and forever!
23. Then spake Fragapatti, saying: Behold the size of my avalanza, O Hoab! If thou wilt
but take the measure, thou shalt find it is just the size and build to take thee and thy hosts
and these drujas. Think not that this matter so happened, for I sent beforehand, and had all
these unfortunates enumerated, and thy people enumerated also.
24. When Hoab perceived this great wisdom in Fragapatti, and comprehended the care
that had been used to accomplish so much, he made no reply at first, but, looking at him,
burst into tears. Presently, he said: By Thy Power and Wisdom, O Jehovih, will I, also,
lift my fellows up out of darkness and misery!