Lectionary Readings for Friday, July 31st, 2020
Bon’s Book of Praise SUT, YAD
1. Now will I sing unto Thee, O Jehovih, a song of soberness.
2. When first Thou stoodst me on my feet, and I saw Thee, Jehovih.
3. And Thy hand, O my Creator, showed me the two roads, Life and Death.
4. And the people divided, some to Thee, and some to Death and idolatry.
5. Because of the magnitude of Thy Person, they set up Gods, Lords and Saviors.
6. In Thy name, I called out to them, but they heard not, and they fell down in Death.
7. And Thy Voice of sorrow rent the earth! Thy Faithists sang in the mournful lays of
8. In gloom will I sing for my brothers that went down in Death.
1. Hear the voice of the Faithists, O Father: I cry out unto Thee since thousands of years.
In the time of my great afflictions have I remembered my Creator.
2. And my brother who went after Death stoned me; with curses smote he the chosen of
Jehovih. In the time of sore pain I called out: Jehovih, Jehovih!
3. I said: O that this had not been! O that the Great Spirit would enlighten him! But Thou
shapedst him to fetch him in the last day.
4. And the cloud blew away; the sun of righteousness shone across the heavens of the
earth. In the time of my sorrow I saw Thy wisdom in this.
5. By my pains deliveredst Thou my brother; in Thy praise do I now look back to the time
of my pains in the throes of Death.
6. Glory be unto Thee, Jehovih! Thou Everlasting Present, Who findeth a way in
the spoil of Thine enemies to magnify the glory of Thy places unto the Almighty.
7. What was my pain before Thee! Or my affliction more than a mother for the glory of
her first-born! Into my cup of bitterness Thou hast poured nectar and sweet crystals.
8. Never more shall I complain, Jehovih! or consider Thy enemy but to deliver him unto
Thee. My cup of nectar will I hold to his profane lips, that he may taste of Thy glory!