Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 21st, 2019
Holy Memorial Day
Book of Saphah Lords of the Hosts in Heaven, Earthly History of the Faithists of the East
LORDS OF THE HOSTS IN HEAVEN
HEADS OF SPIRITUAL SOCIETIES IN ATMOSPHEREA, OF THOSE DAYS.
Maideashenea, Patishahaya, Ayathrema, Maidyarrah, Hamachapathmada, Yemehataman,
Aunviti, Haptanaihaiti, Ustavaiti, Cpenta’Mainyus, Kshathra, Vahistoisa, Airyamaishya,
Fshushamanthra, Hadhaokhta, Cpenta-armaiti, Zaothra and Barecma, Mithra,
Kamaqactra, Havanana, Aarevahsha, Roethwiskare, Vohu-Kasha, Aiwyoonhana,
Nairayo-canha, Asha-vahista, Haome, Lord of Haoma rites, Frava-daiti, Lord of
Fravishes, Pailvish-hahin and Ustav, Beryejaga, Avathrema, Tistrya and Yima, Son of the
Sun, the All Light.
OF THE SECOND RANK ABOVE THESE WERE:
THE GODS OF THE UNITED HOSTS OF HEAVEN.
[IN OTHER WORDS, THE UPPER HOUSE – ED]
The Creator, Chief over all, Yima and Mithra, Amesha, Cpentas, Havanyi, Cavaghi and
Vicya, Rapithurna. Fradotfshu and Zantuma, Fradatvira and Dagyevma, AiwicruthremaAibigaza, Fradat-vicpanum-hujyaiti, Vishaptatha, Ish-Fravashi, Athwya and Kerecacpa,
promoted by special decree.
In addition to the above, the oagas (Gathas) of Zinebabait (afterward Lower India) the
Zend, THE LORD GODS, that is, officers of kingdoms in heaven and ruler over nations on
1. Khahnaothra, an Ahurian of the Zarathustrian period.
2. Ardvi-cara, an Ahurian of the Zarathustrian period.
3. Rashnu, a Fragapattician of the Yi-ha period.
4. Haha-Naepta (Goddess) of the host of Fragapatti, of the Theantiyi period. By the
Ayustrians, Gathas meant Gods.
5. Iaya-Haptanhaiti, special to Haptan, of the Hi-ga period.
6. Ctatoa-Zacnya (Goe-howjhi), an Ahurian of the Fragapatti period.
In Ushtai-bhonyia-paria-vi-hyiyi and to their descendants, the Gujerati and Huzvaresh, the
Ahura, is omitted, as in the original. Thei and Aph and the Creator, are called Armadz, or
Ormazd, or Ormuzd.
Ahiram, betrayer of secrets, becomes in the lower heavens a confederate with the Daevas,
the drujas, the Kikas, the Paris and the Ughsa of the Yi-ha period.
7. Naotara, of Aphian period, an instructor, who gave many sciences to mortals. These
sciences and religious ceremonies were afterward called his sons, and they are now called
Fravashis. In addition to the sciences this Lord God, through oracles and otherwise,
revealed two hundred and seventy kingdoms in the lower heavens, the most important of
which are: Zairi-vairi, Yukhata-vairi, Crisookhshau, Kerecaokhshan, Vyarez, Vanara,
Bujicravo, Berejzarsti, Tizhyarsti, Perethwarsu, Vezhyarsti, Naptva, Vazhacpa, Habacpa,
Victavaru and Frans-hanm-vareta. All of these divisions, including the two hundred
kingdoms, had spirits-in-chief (Lord Gods) to each and every one who took up stations in
the temples of worship on earth, and employed thousands of spirit servants, whom they
allotted to the different mortals who came thither to worship, to be their guides and
guardians, day and night. Through the prophets and high priests in the midnight worship,
and also at dawn in the morning, these spirits appeared in tangible forms, taking part in
8. Thrita, God of healing, the founder of a mortal race to whom he revealed the secret
remedies for all diseases. He enjoined that the remedies should only be revealed from
father to son on the death-bed, and when the father thus revealed, he himself lost all
power to heal.
9. Hiac-kaus, Lord of the Seal of Heaven. He bestowed the power of Ahura’Mazda on
mortals, enabling the prayers of the living to redeem from torments the spirits of their
10. Takma-wrupa, cunning. The entity cunning. Like a fox, whose strength lieth in
cunning. Like the wind. Like the air; subtle, appearing mild; appearing nothing, yet full of
deceptive poison. By takma-urupa the successful man is successful. He bindeth apparent
goodness in his face, but his golden foot-stool is cunning, the air with the golden tuft.
11. Ashi-vanuhi, Goddess of dress. She was fourth Airon under Mithra. The duties of her
inspiration to mortal women were to clothe themselves and to decorate themselves with
gold and silver ornaments. She had twelve hundred Goddesses under her, and they were
allotted one day in each month to speak and teach through the magicians and oracles and
prophets and high priests. Some of these spirits spoke through the seers by entrancement,
and some wrote on the sand-table. Prior to this period Iranian women seldom wore
EARTHLY HISTORY OF THE FAITHISTS OF THE EAST
1. The Voice was, The Great Spirit, The I am.
2. Zarathustra, being all pure, taught that to be a Faithist in the Voice, as it cometh to the
pure, was the highest that man could attain.
3. Zarathustra, being all pure, taught that to build up one’s own faith in the I AM would
produce the highest happiness.
4. Zarathustra, being all pure, taught that each self must learn to build up itself in love and
wisdom, and after them, power, trusting in the I AM.
5. As the Voice came to Zarathustra, the all pure, Zarathustra perceived that the I AM must
have a name in order to be distinguished by men.
6. Zarathustra said, Or (Light) Mazd (entity of, i.e., light, per se), and he called the
HIGHEST KNOWN, Or’mazd, being The Person, The All Master.
7. Or’mazd spake to Zarathustra, saying: Some have I created with desire to dance, some
with desire to sing, some with desire to pray.
8. Some have I created with faith in men, some with faith in spirits, some with faith in Me
9. Let those who have faith in men, have faith in men; let those who have faith in spirits,
have faith in spirits; let those who have faith in Me, have faith in Me. The last are Mine.
What is Mine I will gather together.
10. Mine shall be a people by themselves, of themselves.
11. Or’mazd spake to Zarathustra, saying:
Mine have no Gods but Me.
Mine have no idols nor images of Me.
Mine bow down not before idols.
Mine covenant in My name secretly.
Mine remember the four sacred days of the moon.
Mine honor their parents.
Mine kill nothing I have made alive.
Mine commit not adultery.
Mine steal not, nor tell lies; nor covet anything.
Mine return good unto all men.
Zarathustra taught these words, and those who were followers styled themselves
12. Or’mazd spake to Zarathustra, saying: Take the ten suggestions: what are they?
13. Zarathustra said: My flesh is not my own substance, but Or’mazd’s. How then can I
claim the ten suggestions? These, then, are not the Zarathustrian Law. They are the
Or’mazdian Law. All things come from Him. All things are His.
14. Zarathustra went forth, preaching, and his followers were numbered by hundreds of
15. Zarathustra worked no miracles. He said miracles were the tricks of spirits and
mortals. The highest of all good was to do good, and be good.
16. God gave not to the Zarathustrians as to Israel, to move amongst strangers, but to
dwell amidst the heathen within their own countries. And the Zarathustrians never
established kings of their own. Nevertheless they fell into constant persecution by the
worshipers of Gods and Lords.
17. By the time of Brahma they were nearly destroyed. And again God raised them up and
established them as a mighty people. But being non-resistants they were again nearly
destroyed. And again God raised them up through Capilya; this was in the time of Moses.
18. And they prospered and became numerous in all of Vind’yu and Jaffeth. For four
hundred years they were a great people.
19. And about the time the Israelites made Saul their king, darkness came upon the
20. The Lords and Saviors, through the oracles, inspired the kings and rulers to despoil
the Zarathustrians. And for nine hundred years they were persecuted and tortured; and
millions of them put to death. So that the name of Zarathustra was forgotten amongst
men. And the great learning, and light and knowledge, of those nations, went out, to
return not for a long season.
21. God said: Because they have persecuted and destroyed my chosen, I will turn my
face away from them, and they shall go down in darkness. Behold, when they persecuted
my chosen in the land of Egupt, I shut out the light from them, and they perished.
22. Let this be testimony unto all peoples, that whosoever divideth my people or
despoileth them, shall also be divided and despoiled.
23. This is a law of Jehovih; whoso goeth away from Him shall not find Him; to turn
from Him is to curse Him; to curse Him is to curse those that do it, and it shall be
answered unto them.
END OF THE BOOK OF SAPHAH.
One thought on “Lectionary Readings for Sunday, July 21st, 2019”