Book of Wars Against Jehovih Chapter 37, Chapter 38
1. Osiris said to Baal and Ashtaroth: Go ye down to the earth to subdue it; and your first
labor shall be in Arabin’ya, and Parsi’e, and Heleste; after that ye shall fall upon remote
parts and subdue them unto ourselves also. But go ye not as other Gods, to destroy
mortals, for we want them to propagate and make subjects for us. Nor pursue ye them,
tribe against tribe, putting them to death if they worship not Osiris or Baal or Ashtaroth.
Nay, not even the worshippers of the Great Spirit, save of such, whose spirits we cannot
catch at time of death; them destroy.
2. But suffer mortals to worship as they may, and if they worship the Creator, say unto
them: It is well. If they worship Ahura, say: It is well. If De’yus: Yea, it is well; for all of
these are but one person, who is Osiris, whose high heavenly place is Agho’Aden. Thus
3. This also shall ye do: Re-establish places of learning, teaching the Osirian law; cause to
be rebuilt, houses of philosophy, oracles and temples; and in all such places where
mortals come to consult the spirits, provide ye such spirits who shall answer through the
oracles for benefit of our dominions.
4. It was ourselves that gave the name Lord God to the Arabin’yans; it was ourselves that
gave the name De’yus to Parsi’e and Heleste. Let us not waste ourselves away undoing
what hath been done, but appropriate it to ourselves.
5. Such, then, was the basis on which these three Gods set out to establish heaven and
earth. Osiris gave to Baal and Ashtaroth, in addition to their own kingdoms, twelve Lords
each, to labor with them in the earth department; and every Lord was allotted one million
servant soldiers, to be under the Lord’s jurisdiction.
6. With this, Baal and Ashtaroth returned to their heavenly kingdoms on the earth, and at
once set about their labors. First, by inspiring mortal kings and queens to build the
required oracles. And the kings and queens thus inspired impressed tens of thousands and
hundreds of thousands of their subjects to do the building.
7. And in seven years’time there were built in Parsi’e and Arabin’ya four thousand
altars for the sacred dances; seven thousand temples of sacrifice, four hundred and
seventy oracle temples, and thirty-one sar’gis temples, where the Lords took on corporeal
forms and reasoned with mortals; especially on the stars and moon and on the earth;
teaching the philosophers the four motions of the earth: axial, oscillaic, orbitic and
vorkum; the plan of the hissagow, and the cycles of the earth; the cycles of the sun; and
the cycles of the sun’s sun; the north star-belt therein, and the vortices that move them all.
8. And the inhabitants of Arabin’ya and Parsi’e and Heleste began again to prosper, and
became mighty. But after many years, behold, Baal and Ashtaroth rebelled against Osiris,
and seceded from Arabin’ya. And this was the end of the heavenly confederacy founded
by De’yus. As for the far-off Gods in other divisions of the earth, they seceded at the time
Osiris and Te-in and Sudga did. And from this time on, no more spirits were sent to the
Lord God, the false, the author of the name De’yus.
9. When Baal and Ashtaroth seceded from Osiris and resumed their own kingdoms,
behold, in all the divisions of the earth, every God was for himself and his own kingdom.
But between Osiris and Baal and Ashtaroth a triangular war ensued in reference to the
boundaries and divisions of the lands of the earth.
10. Now, therefore, since the self-Gods had become the beginning of a new order of
dominion in heaven and earth, every one in his own way, it is profitable to leave them for
the present, to be resumed afterward. Hear ye, then, of De’yus, the false Lord God; and of
God, the true Son of Jehovih:
1. After the meeting between De’yus and Osiris and Sudga, when De’yus was left alone,
he thus reasoned: Since Sudga and Osiris have thus left me uncivilly amidst a most
disgusting quarrel, it must follow that on their arrival home they will secede, taking their
kingdoms with them. Well, it will be well; I will the more warmly bind my fellowship
to Te-in, and we twain shall overthrow Sudga and Osiris, and take all their spoils.
2. While De’yus thus soliloquized, messengers came from Che-su-gow, Te-in’s heavenly
place, bringing this word: Greeting to thee: our Lord God: Te-in hath seceded, and taken
both his heavenly and his corporeal dominions unto himself. With an army of two
hundred million angel warriors he is walling his heavenly kingdom around on every side;
none can pass or repass without his permission.
3. Before De’yus recovered from his surprise, behold, other messengers came from
Sudga’s heavenly place, saying: Greeting to thee, our Lord God: Sudga hath seceded,
taking with him his heavenly kingdom and his earth dominions, Vind’yu! With an army of
two hundred million angel warriors he is walling his heavenly kingdom around on every
side; none can pass or repass without his permission!
4. De’yus said: So alike and like! Then these rascal Gods had this planned beforehand!
Presently other messengers arrived, saying: Greeting to thee, our one-time Lord God of
heaven and earth! Osiris and Baal and Ashtaroth have seceded, taking their
heavenly kingdoms and their mortal dominions with them. I, Osiris, have spoken.
Thy higher grades I will draw unto myself; my lower grades I will banish unto thee!
5. De’yus said: Well, it is well. I will now make stronger the other heavenly divisions unto
me; and the earth divisions, too long neglected by me; Uropa, Guatama, North and South,
and their heavenly places.
6. But whilst he thus soliloquized, behold, messengers arrived from these places, also
announcing their secession in like manner. Then De’yus was silent for a long while,
considering. But satan came to him, saying:
7. Darkness cometh unto all the great, for by this the light is made to shine brighter. Now,
since all access to the corporeal earth is cut off, and since all thy supplies for food and
raiment must come up from the earth, it followeth that thou shalt lower Hored, thy
heavenly place, nearer to the face of the earth. The which accomplished, thou shalt send
ten thousand millions of thy warrior angels against these rebellious Gods and despoil
them of their dominions, and cast them into hell, and repossess thou the whole earth.
8. De’yus said: It is true! My way is clear. These rascally Gods know not how foolishly
they have exposed themselves. Hored is wide enough to cover them up. And by fire will I
chase the drujas upon them, ten thousand million strong; flood them with such foulness
that their kingdoms will go to pieces under them and suffocate them in the horrid stench.
9. De’yus then called together his vice-Gods, and his Holy Council, and his highest-raised
officers; and he related to them what had occurred, and his plans ahead. But that he might
the better deliberate and gain their acquiescence, he granted a day of recreation to meet on
the following day at the trumpet call.
10. But lo and behold, on the day of recreation, no less than seven hundred millions of his
highest grades left him and Hored, and descended to the heavenly kingdoms of his former
Gods, some to one and some to another, whilst a few of them descended to the earth
to found small kingdoms of their own. Danger was already staring Anuhasaj in the face.
11. Accordingly, he at once chose his officers, and set them to work, but owing to their
lack of knowledge in such matters, only small sections were bound and lowered at one
time, at which rate a hundred years would be required to accomplish the work. Hereat,
De’yus’heart began to fail him. The prophecies of the higher Gods, that he and his
kingdoms would be ultimately broken up and cast into hell, began to show signs of
realization fearful to contemplate.
12. Anuhasaj had no time for war, but must now use every stratagem in his power to
prevent dismemberment in his own kingdom. In these straits a good fortune came to him
in a ji’ay’an harvest falling in all the atmospherean heavens, compressing and falling, so
that his lowest grades were provided with sustenance from above, and they were pacified.
13. Jehovih had spoken to Cpenta-armij, in her far-off etherean worlds, saying: Behold,
the earth, she entereth now the ji’ay’an fields of Tu’e’vraga, in My high roads, Loo-sutsk.
A little while will I feed the self-Gods of the lower heavens, and lead them on to know