Book of Inspiration Chapter 3
1. THE eye of man I made to obtain knowledge by light; but the ear of man I made to obtain knowledge from darkness, and within darkness, saith Jehovih.
2. The power of touch I gave to man, whereby he might learn of things their adaptability and compatibility and incompatibility with himself.
3. These are the corporeal doorways I gave unto thee, O man, whereby thou mightst receive knowledge from Me and My creations, consciously to thyself.
4. Through these, thou art constantly impregnated; through these, thy soul accumulateth knowledge of My works.
5. Whatsoever is charged upon these doorways of my soul, is inspiration.
6. When thou seest bread, thou art inspired to eat; when thou seest a horse, thou art inspired to ride; when thou touchest a nettle, thou art inspired with pain.
7. Yet, in all cases, thou must have practice before thou canst comprehend the inspiration that cometh to thee from these external things.
8. Man saith: To-day, I remember my friend whom I saw not for many a year.
9. Jehovih saith: I made thee as a storehouse, and as a book that was written before.
10. And I gave to thee power to re-read thy stores and thy book, within thy soul.
11. This was the accumulated inspiration which I had previously given thee.
12. When thou art fevered, or entranced, or in diverse action from thy usual bent, thy soul turneth into these stores, and thy memory cometh forth wonderfully.
13. This is the manifestation of inspiration which I had previously given thee.
14. I made thee that thou shouldst receive inspiration, not only from the world external to thyself, but inspiration from the members of thy body.
15. My impression upon thee is inspiration; but thou must realize My inspiration, in order to know Me.
16. An idiot holdeth fire in his hand, and it giveth him pain, but yet, he knoweth not the cause, nor whence the origin of the pain.
17. So, also, I come to thee, and give thee inspiration, but thou discernest not Me.
18. Another man discerneth My Presence, and My inspiration. He heareth Me speak; he seeth My Person.
19. Yet, I am with both alike.
20. One man openeth his mouth to speak, and, behold My words come forth.
21. And yet another saith: No man knows Jehovih; none have heard Him.
22. One man is sensitive, as a plate for a picture, and he catcheth My Light instantly, and knoweth it is from Me.
23. Another one saith: A sudden thought struck me! But he discerneth not whence it came.