1. Filial piety should run deep in every home, but respect should be shared by all family members.
2. One should always respect his or her parents or guardians, but only if such ones are deserving of respect.
3. If a parent or guardian was at one time a disciple of the Message of Light and they have now turned against the Word of Truth, that one does not deserve the same kind of respect as they once did.
4. Those who seek to marry should only seek from among those who practise the Religion of Light, else the one who observes another religion will cause division in the family.
5. Love of lineage over compassion is like filling a cup with muddy water and trying to pass it off as a refreshing drink.
6. Love of your family and heritage should never be coupled with arrogance of ancestry.