Book of Inspiration Chapter 9
1. Man I created with capacity to distinguish My direct from My indirect inspirations,
2. And My angels gave him rules, whereby he might make manifest the difference
betwixt the two.
3. Man has said: Behold, any man may say: Thus saith Jehovih! One killeth his neighbor,
saying: I was thus inspired of Jehovih. Another practiseth all goodness, and his words are
wisdom and comprehension, and he saith: I was inspired by Jehovih!
4. I say unto thee, O man: In this I also gave thee liberty; therefore, judge thou, thyself,
which came from Me, and which from his surroundings (satan).
5. Thou shalt be thine own judge in all things.
6. Behold, I sent My God to judge thee; but thou shalt also judge the judgments of thy
God; and, afterward, thou shalt judge thyself in the same way.
7. A perpetual judge created I thee, not only to judge thyself and all the world beside, but
thou shalt judge Me, thy Creator.
8. I have given thee many sacred books, and I said to thee:
9. Save thou judgest them, thou shalt be caught in a snare; I charge thee, thou shalt accept
nothing from men, nor angels, nor Gods.
10. But thou shalt rely on thine own inspiration from thy Creator.
11. Such is My word which I speak to thine own soul.
12. What cometh to thee from a man is indirect inspiration; what cometh from an angel is
indirect; and what cometh from the Gods is indirect.
13. No direct inspiration of Me can come to thee from a book, nor a sermon, nor from
anything in all My creations, but only from Me, thy Creator.
14. Though one man receive direct inspiration from Me, and he write it in a book, yet,
when it cometh to thee, it is indirect inspiration, and is not binding upon thee, only so far
as My direct inspiration upon thee moveth thee to receive it.
15. Yet, not all men created I with the same clearness to perceive Me, and to frame My
wisdom in words.
16. Few only will turn away from the inspiration of the world, and come unto Me.
17. Many profess Me in words, but they do not fulfill My inspiration in practice.
18. My words come easily to the pure in heart; and My wisdom showeth itself in the
frame of their speech.
19. For I give them words, even as I give to the animal inspiration to do perfectly and
wisely the parts for which I created them.
20. Behold, I show the dumb spider how to weave its geometrical net; is it greater wonder
for Me, to give words of wisdom to a righteous man?
21. Or to put him in the way of receiving My revelations?
22. Or to show him the harmony and glory of My creations?